Friday, October 6, 2017

MUSIC APPRECIATION 101 - Part Two: Contemporary Music

by Kristin Scheimer

And in case you’re wondering if Classical Music has anything to do with today’s music, well… of course it does, but perhaps in more ways than you think.   Many of today’s artists have “borrowed” from Classical Music.

Lady Gaga’s “Alejandro” utilizes the Classical piece “Csardas” by Vittorio Monti








Beyonce’s “Ave Maria”?  That background theme was written by that guy you’ve probably heard of:  John Sebastian Bach.















Ok.  Some of you, who know me well, may have expected me to include a recording of myself singing “Ave Maria”, as I have become known amongst many of you for singing this.  While I do sing the above Bach “Ave Maria”, the “Ave Maria” I recorded is by Franz Schubert.  Oh, what the heck, you know I love shameless self-promotion, so here it is.



Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Nas’ “I Can” features Ludwig van Beethoven’s “Fur Elise”. 







And the list goes on…

(PLEASE CONTINUE TO PART THREE)


No comments:

Post a Comment